Tuesday, May 26, 2009

in the arms of your mercy

in case none of you figured it out...the name of my blog comes from a song by casting crowns. i heard it at the kizer's cottage the weekend after i decided to go ahead with the whole korea teaching adventure. the title of this post is from the same song...

i need rest. and no matter how many times i've realized this in the past, i keep thinking i'm strong enough to just push through. and while yes, with God's help, i am able to... i still need rest. and just like casting crowns so eloquently put it, i find it in the arms of God's mercy. i finally collapsed into a huge sitdown with my Bible. i could say that i soaked up every word, but it was more like it was absorbing me... kinda hard to explain. maybe something like the picture of God wrapping his arms around and enveloping us. sort of. [things are so hard right now. please pray.]

it's summer! today was such a beautiful day :) the sun was out for my walk to work. i even got to go out during a break and work on kids' report cards while sipping on my third iced latte of the day...haha. this week is my 9 month marker. which means i'm 3/4 done and after 3 months of summer here i'll be back in the states. i've filled out an application for grace college as a transfer student to the elementary education program. i'm READY for the supportive/protective Christian bubble again.

please listen/watch casting crowns' song prayer for a friend. even if it's just once... pray it.

2 comments:

  1. you will be home soon! enjoy the last couple months you are there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! bethface! you are almost done!! That's crazy! I didn't know you were going back to school! Already?! lol. That's great though! I am sure you are a TERRIFIC teacher! I love you so much and I will continue to pray for you!

    ReplyDelete