Wednesday, February 11, 2009

my miracle

my coworkers are interesting people. i thoroughly enjoy their company in the work place, but there are few of their social contexts in which i feel comfortable. there are these three gents: hugh, jon and ted. they are friends from canada. they like to party. a lot. and this past week that meant 7 nights in a row for teddy. ...i'm not trying to make them sound like horrible people, but this background is important. anyways, the boys are a couple years past college and so, to me, its a lil strange that they still "party" or "get sh**faced" (as they like to say) as much as they do.

for the past 2 weeks i've been attending an english church in the bigger suburb city nearby, suwon. life church has been an amazing blessing already and i feel like i'm experiencing a whole new korea now. i've actually met foreign christians here!! this past sunday the speaker talked about miracles. how so few christians are believing in miracles today. we are eager to work for God, but our faith is not standing out. he challenged us to ask for a miracle. to ask for something we REALLY wanted but knew we couldn't get by any work done ourselves. so right then and there i prayed. i asked God for the biggest thing i wanted: teddy to become a christian. and i kept praying: give him a desire to seek you. give him the interest to come to church. give him the need for a different lifestyle. give him friends that will be good for him. and then church was over and i didnt give it another thought.

monday rolled around. ...as it usually does after a sunday... at our awesome kimbap shop "sharon's" i was enjoying my wonderful dolsot bibimbap dish, when... teddy asked me if i'd heard of these 2 churches nearby. i said i hadn't...why? his response: because i was thinking about trying one of them out, and i know that youre religious. i smiled and told him that he was always welcome to come to church with me and amanda (a mutual friend). and he said that he would really like to!! he said he wants to go and it'd be a good time for reflection!! i love and hate those moments. because theyre so great but then i'm left speechless :-\ all i managed at that point was: yeah, it'a a good time. you should definitely come! as the meal went on, the conversation shifted. but as we were walking out and paying he asked me what time church started and where i met up with amanda. as i took a detour to get some coffee, i couldn't stop smiling. i felt like one of my best friends had just given me the coolest gift totally out of the blue.

my God is so big,
so strong and so mighty,
there's nothing my God cannot do
(...i'm a lil kid teacher...)

please pray for teddy.

4 comments:

  1. Hey friend, I am so excited for your friend and your miracle. I am always speechless too when it comes these situations. I miss you a whole bunch and will keep you in my prayers. love ya girlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how exciting! God is so amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. More Posts1 More Posts! I should have something to read every morning at work!

    ReplyDelete